In United States of America, Independence Day is also known as July 4th or fourth of July. It was actually a federal holiday in USA since 1941 until 1976 when it was declared as Independence Day. This day commemorates the adoption of the Independence Day declaration in USA by delegates from 13 colonies in the year 1776. Some of the people are in favour of the holiday to be in 2nd July as voted by the Congress. Quite a people believe that fourth of July signifies the end of the war which is not true. The holiday is observed as the day when 13 colonies officially stated United States of America as an independent country. Even though in 1783 the revolutionary war was won.
HISTORY OF FOURTH OF JULY
Until 1776, America was not its own country. It was just a land of 13 colonies established by Great Britain. After the French and Indian war, the crown was in debt, so the Britishers started increasing revenue in America and this heated the situation, thus marking the begin of American Revolution. Now, in June 1776, Continental Congress meeting took place in Philadelphia when Richard Henry Lee proposed the colonies to declare independence from Britain.
Then a committee that was formed to draft an official independence document, which was Declaration of Independence. On July 2nd, 1776, the document, Declaration of Independence was approved. On July 4th, 1776, two days later, the Declaration of Independence was officially adopted, making America an independent country.
Should this day be called as Fourth of July or Independence Day?
The 4th of July and Independence Day are both correct for this holiday. While whishing someone both can be used. However, the term Independence Day has more meaning compared to 4th of July as it describes the day. But fourth of July is simply a date.
Why we celebrate fourth of July?
This day is for America to show the world it’s patriotic pride. To this modern world the fireworks and celebration of with parades and barbeques defines the day but certainly there’s a lot more to it about why do we celebrate this day. This holiday is nothing but “America’s birthday” which was started from 4th July in the year 1776. In 2021, America would turn 245 years as an independent country.
Fourth July Celebrations
As it is the historic day for the United States of America, therefore, they do not miss a chance to enjoy this day to the fullest. They also show their patriotism for the country in their own ways. Speeches are delivered by the significant people of the country and they also congratulate the common people on this special day. All the American citizens look forward to this day. People celebrate by having family picnics, beach trips with their family.
Long parades are seen on the roads of America this day. People wear white, red, blue clothes as per the American flag. Decorations are also a part of the celebrations. The citizens also make sparkles at home. Everyone decorates with American flags. And of course, who can forget about the iconic fireworks which illuminates the whole of America in this day.
Fourth of July fireworks
Traditional celebration with fireworks, barbecues, festivals, and many other public events. Readings of the Declaration of Independence is also a part of the celebration.
The first fireworks started in 200 BC. The tradition of celebrating fourth of July with fireworks was first seen in Philadelphia on July 4, 1777 which was the first organised Independence Day in USA. In the honour of 13 colonies, cannon fired 13-guns to salute the colonies. Bells were also rung as a part of celebration. This is how the fireworks tradition started and now Americans almost spend fireworks worth of 1 billion dollars.
Facts about fourth of July
- JOHN ADAMS THOUGHT INDEPENDENCE DAY WOULD BE ON JULY 2ND .
- NEWS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE STARTED RIOTS BY THE COLONISTS AGAING GEORGE III.
- WORLD TRADE CENTER WAS MADE TO PAY TRIBUTE TO AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE HISTORY.
- ‘STAR SPANGLED BANNER’ WAS MADE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM 117 YEARS AFTER IT WAS WRITTEN AFTER INDEPENDENCE.
- 4TH JULY WAS NOT A FEDERAL HOLIDAY IN USA UNTIL THE YEAR 1870.
- JOHN ADAMS WAS PROBABLY THE FIRST TO SUGGEST FIREWORKS FOR CELEBRATION OF AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE.
- NOT EVERYONE IN AMERICA GOT FREEDOM ON THE 4TH OF JULY.
- USA HAD IT’S OLDEST 4TH OF JULY PARADE IN RHODE ISLAND.
- THE PHILIPPINES ALSO CELEBRATES JULY 4 AS THEY ALSO GAINED THEIR INDEPENDENCE WITH USA.
happy fourth of July Quotes 2021
“May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.” -Peter Marshall
“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
“I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
“One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation evermore!” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Happy Fourth of July 2021 Wishes
- Happy Fourth of July! Wishing y’all a joyful and a prosperous holiday!
- Wishing you and your family a blessed fourth of July!
- Happy Independence Day to America! Enjoy this day with positivity and using your freedom the right way.
Fourth of July 2021 Messages
- Fourth of July is very important to Americans. May celebrating through fireworks, parade bring everyone happiness and give the courage to use the independence in correct way.
- Independence is the most valuable gift one can enjoy. So, take your time and understand what independence means to use it in a beautiful way.
- Happy 245th Birthday to the Land of undaunted Courage, America!
Fourth of July Card Wishes 2021
- Someone had to make a lot of sacrifices and have worked hard for the freedom you’re enjoying. So don’t take it for granted and celebrate your freedom with positivity.
- It is our privilege to live in this nation who fought immensely to get independence and we are so blessed to have you as a friend. Have a happy 4th of July to you and your family.
- May this day be a symbol of prosperity, joy, and happiness to you and your family. Happy Fourth of July to y’all.
USA Independence Day Greetings 2021
- Take a step forward and cherish your life, this Independence Day. Appreciate the country you live in with your freedom in your own hands while appreciating the sacrifices people made to give us independence we deserved today.
- This Independence Day may you get a new hope to make your tomorrows most beautiful and cherished. Wishing everyone a joyful 4th of July.
- Freedom is a present given by our freedom fighters to us. They had to struggle, work hard, sacrifice everything along with their lives to win the independence we’re enjoying so that we could enjoy the freedom in our country. So Let not their sacrifice go in vain. Let us all vow to work hard towards making this country a better nation each day free from the corruption and violence. Happy Independence Day to all my brothers and sisters.