Festival brings a great sense of joy; people celebrate festivals with great enthusiasm. Among such great festivals is Eid al-Fitr which is celebrated by Muslim all around the globe.
CHECK NOW : Beautiful Eid Mubarak Images Wishes 2021
CHECK NOW: Eid Mubarak Special WhatsApp Status Download
What is Eid Al-Fitr?
Eid which is also known as choti Eid or Meethi Eid is one of the auspicious festival for the people of Muslim community all around the world. Eid commemorates the end of the holy month Ramzaan, the month of fasting and sacrifices and it’s the beginning of the month Shawwal which starts with a feast to end the period of end long fasting.
As per the Islamic lunar calendar Eid ul Fitr take place on the first sight of the new moon at the beginning of the tenth month. It is not only celebrated for the end of fasting but to also thank Allah for Quran which was first revealed towards the end of Ramzaan. It is widely believed that during the end of the Holy month of Ramzan, Prophet Mohammed got the first revelation of Quran.
Significance of Eid Al-Fitr
Eid is the festival of patience, godliness and piety. It mark the beginning of the beginning of the month Shawwal, which starts with the feast. It is also believed that when a Muslim fast after Eid for six consecutive days, their fasting considered equivalent to fasting all year round.
Eid is the day of happiness and is celebrated with family and friends. With Eid comes harmony, peace and prosperity and people all around the world celebrate it with great joy. In most of the Islamic countries it is considered as a national holiday and all Islamic organization, universities, public offices remain closed.
How Eid Al Fitr is celebrated?
The auspicious celebration of Eid Al Fitr stars with praying to the Almighty. All the male member of the family, visit to the nearest mosque to offer prayer. A special prayer is recited on Eid which consist of two prayer units with multiple numbers of Takbirs. Just after the prayer there is sermon followed by a Dua in which people ask for Allah’s forgiveness and mercy. People wish Eid Mubarak to everyone and greet family and friends. People celebrate it with great joy and specially children who eagerly wait for their Eidi which is given to them by elders on this pious day. Women apply henna on their hand and everyone is encouraged to practice the art of forgiveness.
Zakat which is one of the five pillars of Islam also plays an important role during Eid-Al-Fitr. People who were unable to give Zakat during the month of Ramzan can give alms to the poor on Eid. Zakat is mandatory for all the people who are able to perform it. It is to be believed that around 2.5 percent of one’s personal saving or income is given to the poor or needy as Zakat, It is not fixed that this some of amount is given, people can give as much as they can and as per their capability.
CHECK NOW : Beautiful Eid Mubarak Shayari, Dua 2021
We all know that celebration of Eid is incomplete without the grand feast which is organised for everyone. People meet their relatives and friends and enjoy the feast which contains Biryani, Seviyan, Nihari, Haleem, Sheer Korma and many other delicacies. People also decorate their homes with bright lights, wear new clothes and enjoy the grand feast with their family.
Special delicacies prepared on Eid ul-Fitr
When we talk about Eid how we can not about the festive feast which has a whale lot of variety of dishes for everyone. Eid is also known as Meethi Eid and one of the main reasons for this is the desserts. Below is the list of some of the major dishes prepared during Eid festival:
- Meethi Seviyan: Eid is incomplete without meethi seviyan. Seviyan is prepared with vermicelli and is cooked in milk with nuts and dry fruits.
- Shahi Biryani: Biryani is regarded as the show-stopper of the feast. Eid party is incomplete without Biryani because it is that one dish which will leave your mouth-watering. The Shahi Biryani is a traditional dish and is made in a dum-style.
- Sheer Khurma: Sheer Khurma which is made of milk and dates is one of the most important desserts. Eid is called Meethi Eid due to its dessert and Sheer Khurma is the reason behind it.
- Haleem- Haleem which is made of meat and spices is one of the special dishes prepared on Eid ul Fitr. it is slowly cooked for all the spices and meat to mix with each other giving it a special flavour.
- Creamy Chicken Korma: Chicken Korma is one of the most important dishes on this occasion; it is liked by all and is consumed either with Nan or Roti.
- Tangri Kebab- Tangri Kebab is one of the best and easy to make starter. It is a tandoor cooked chicken drumstick which is served with onion, lemon and mint sauce.
Eid Al-Fitr 2021 Mubarak Wishes
Eid is the celebration of great joy which bring prosperity, Some times it happens when people are unable to celebrate it with their relatives so below is the list of few wishes which people share with friends and relatives on this pious day:
- May Allah open the door of Happiness for you. Eid Mubarak to you and your family.
- May you receive all the joy of life on the occasion of Eid.
- This is the day when we should pay gratitude to the divine light for all the wonderful things around us. Eid Mubarak!
- Let this occasion fill your life with the brightest of Colours. Eid Mubarak!
- Eid is the time to amend, forgive and reflect. May Allah grant you wisdom and kindness.
- May Allah guide you on the right path and helps you whenever you ask for his advice. Eid Mubarak!
CHECK NOW: Eid Mubarak Special Status 2021 for WhatsApp
Eid is a religious festival for all Muslims and is celebrated with full zeal and zest. It is the festival of joy that reminds us to help the poor, underprivileged and all the neglected section of the society by offering them food and Zakat. On this auspicious day let us all celebrate it with each other and wish Eid Mubarak 2021.