Happy Gudi Padwa 2021 Date Time, Messages & wishes for friends in English: Gudi Padwa Festival is Celebrated mainly by Marathi and Konkani Hindus. Gudu Padwa is a festival of the spring season. It is also called Samvatsar Padvo and festivities are observed across Maharashtra and Goa in Chaitra month as a starting of the traditional new year as per the calendar of lunisolar Hindu. In Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka, it is usually celebrated by the name of Ugadi. Although this festival is not celebrated in North India Chaitra Navratri begins from this day itself. This day plays a very important role in the lives of the people of Maharashtra and Goa. Bright and colorful rangolis are made, the Gudi flag is decorated from flowers, leaves of mango and neem, and a silver or copper vessel on the top of the flag.
Gudi Padwa 2021 Time and Date
Also known as Samvatsar Padvo, this festival will be celebrated on 13th April and the celebrations will begin at 8:00 AM in the morning of 12th April till the 10:16 AM on 13th April.
Gudi Padwa Significance
This auspicious day is celebrated in the name of victory of Lord Rama over Ravana followed by celebrations and happiness. On this day, Lord Ram defeated Ravana before releasing Sita from his confinement and the citizens of Ayodhya welcomed Lord Ram and Sita by decorationg the city with diyas. As victory is always signified highest achievement, so is the Gudi. People wear new clothes and hold street cavalcade, cook various dishes and sweets like Sakkar Bhaat, Shrikhand, and Puri, Puran Poli.
Happy Gudi Padwa 2021 messages for friends in English
Each one of us have some people in our life with whom we share a special bond of friendship. On the auspicious day of Gudi Padwa and traditional New Year, we can share some of the new Gudi Padwa 2021 messages for friends and greetings with our closest friends.
- On the occasion of Gudi Padwa, I wish you success and happiness in life. May you achieve all your victories with full enthusiasm and joyfulness.
- May all your wishes and desires come true on this auspicious day of the new year. I wish you luck and happiness in your coming days. Happy Gudi Padwa!!
- I hope this day makes your life bright and colorful with full of glorifying days. Wish you and your family a very happy new year!!
- On this auspicious day, I wish that our friendship remains tactful and staunch in the coming years as well. Happy New Year to you!!
- Every year is special and I wish this one also turns out to be a great one with colorful days and happiness. A very Happy Gudi Padwa to you!
- I hope this New Year makes our bond more special with happiness and love. May this Gudi Padwa keeps all the evils away and fills your life with peace.
Happy Gudi Padwa 2021 messages for family in English
A festival is incomplete if we don’t celebrate it with our loved ones and closed family as they are a significant part of our life. Enjoy sharing Gudi Padwa 2021 messages for family over social media & internet. Here are some of the messages that we can share with our closed ones:
- May your days be less stressful and full of happiness. Happy Gudi Padwwa.
- I hope all the happiness and prosperity knock on your doors for the fulfillment of your wishes. Wish you a very Happy Gudi Padwa to your family!
- May this day bring new spirit and joyfulness to your family, may this day marks colorfulness and fades darkness, may your family live a healthy and prosperous life.
- Let’s leave darkness and sadness behind and look forward to the coming festive days with full enthusiasm. Happy Gudi Padwa.
- May this Gudi Padwa brings joy and a sense of peacefulness to fight every battle of life. Let’s make this day special by adding some happiness and love in our lives.
Happy Gudi Padwa 2021 wishes for husband and wife in English
A relationship between a husband and wife is very special and sharing the love on a festival is peaceful and intimate. Share these Best Gudi Padwa 2021 wishes for husband and wife on whatsapp, instagram & facebook & spread the wishes.
Some of the wishes that a couple can share on this special occasion are:
- You have filled my life with happiness and love. I hope this day sets a different life for you where are living a healthy and peaceful life. Happy Gudi Padwa dear husband!!
- May this new year make your life full of successful chapters and new energy. Happy Gudi Padwa
- You are my soulmate and my biggest strength. I hope I remain inspired by you always. I wish energetic and happening life for you. I hope our bond remains this strong with each coming day.
- Whenever I find you beside me, my days become more peaceful and easier. I hope this new year brings prosperity and love to our lives.
- I vow to be on your side in every thick and thin. May this festival fill our lives with peace and happiness.
People Also Ask:
- How Gudi Padwa is celebrated in Maharashtra?
The day is commenced by oil bath, followed by rituals of doing prayers and consuming neem leaves. Rangolis are made with different colors and flowers. A bamboo stick is tied with silk or cotton cloth, topped by a silver or bronze water pot and garnished from mango and neem leaves, ornaments, and flower garland. The pot on the top of the stick signifies the victory.
- When does Gudi Padwa start in Maharashtra?
The festival starts in first day of Chaitra month as per the Hindi Lunar calendar. Making of Rangoli holds Significant value and people occupy public spaces and perform street procession. The celebration is started by putting a silver or brass pot on the top of stick that is known as ‘gudi’.
- Which states celebrate Gudi Padwa?
This day is majorly celebrated in Maharashtra from the name of Gudi Padwa itself, in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana from the name of Ugadi, and amongst Sindi people from the name of Cheti Chand. Apart from this, it is also celebrated in Goa as Samvatsar Padvo among Konkani Hindus and Navreh in Kashmiri Pandits. This occasion is also commemorated in North-East India in Manipur as Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoha and in other countries like Nepal, Cambodia, Burma where the presence of Hindu is maximum. This auspicious day is celebrated as Pohelo Boishakh in Bengal, as Bihu in Assam, as Vishu in Kerala, and as Putuhandu in Tamil Nadu.
We hope this article provides all the necessary information regarding the celebration of Gudi Padwa. Make this day special by being with your friends and family, keeping in mind the rise of covid cases again in the country. Have a safe & Happy Gudi Padwa 2021. Do not forget to share Happy Gudi Padwa 2021 messages, wishes in English with your friends, family, wife & husband. May this day marks the beginning of beautiful things in your life.