National Sister’s Day is observed on the first Sunday in the month of August every year. National Sisters Day is celebrated in the honor of all the beautiful sisters and the unique bond that they create. Even if we don’t say it out aloud we know that there is nothing more unique than the bond between the sisters. Sisters are beautiful creatures who will love you unconditionally, fight with you at every chance they get but they will always have your back when you need them.
This article will give you an overall idea about National Sisters Day. To know more about this topic please keep reading till the end & we hope that you will find this article helpful & informative.
National Sisters day 2021
National Sisters Day is observed on the first Sunday in the month of August every year in the United States. This is the day when we celebrate the power of sisterhood & shower our sisters with love. Even with all the fights & arguments between sisters, we cannot deny the fact that they are our biggest supporters & will always love & protect us like no other person. National Sisters Day is quite similar to the Raksha Bandhan celebrated by the Hindus. The difference is that Raksha Bandhan is for the siblings & National Sisters Day is for sisters. National Sisters Day is to acknowledge the hard work your sister does for you & the warmth & joy she brings to your life.
A sister is not someone who is your biological sister. The word “Sister” means an array of relations. In many cultures and in various places the word “Sister” is used to address a nurse or a nun or someone who is special to you or plays the role of a sister in your life, even a friend can also play the role of a sister in your life. So, o this note let’s get to know some incredible sisters.
In 39 AD, the Trung sisters Trung Trac & Trung Nhi of ancient Vietnam led the first Vietnamese Independence movement by rebelling against the Chinese leaders. After their win, they successfully established a strong independent state. The two sisters were taught martial arts & they also studied the art of warfare. Their army consisted mostly of fearless women.
Charlotte, Emily & Anne Bronte otherwise known as the Bronte sisters led a very tragic life just like their novels. They published their works under Pseudonyms. Charlotte’s Jane Eyre, Emily’s Wuthering Heights & Anne’s The Tenant of Wildfell Hall were immensely successful. They were very close to each other due to the death of their mother & two older sisters. They tragically passed away at a very young age but their impression of society will stay forever.
National Sisters day 2021 Date
National Sisters Day is commemorated on the first Sunday in the month of August every year. In 2021, this day will be celebrated on 1st August, 2021.
Why is National Sisters day celebrated?
National Sisters Day is celebrated to honor the sisterhood. To acknowledge all the hard work of our sisters & the bond that we share with them. A sister can be anyone who you choose to see as a sister or who plays the role of a sister in your life. Loving & appreciating all their hard works & efforts is what makes this day more beautiful & unique.
How to celebrate National Sisters day?
When it comes to treating our loved ones we sure know how to celebrate. There are ample ways how you can treat our sister. Here are a few suggestions which can help you plan & surprise your sister. Here we go:
- You can always treat your sister to her favorite restaurant or you can arrange a dinner plan which includes both of your favorite foods.
- You can always gift her a beautiful pendant or necklace, you can gift her a photo frame with the collage of all your fond memories with her.
- A stroll down your favorite places or a picnic at your favorite spot.
- You can always treat her to an extravagant surprise party if you may.
- A day at the spa where you pay for everything, a movie night with all your favorite snacks.
- To lighten up her mood write her a card or make a funny video of all both of your funny & embarrassing moments.
5 Facts about National Sisters Day
Learning is a lifelong process. Here are some interesting facts about National Sisters Day which you may find helpful :
- It is still unknown who created National Sisters Day but according to Google, it started in 2012.
- Serena Williams & Venus Williams have played against each other 28 times & have also won 3 Olympic gold medals together.
- A study that was conducted in 1996 showed that kids actually spend more time with their siblings than anyone else, not even themselves.
- There is no concrete source of how the National Sisters day started.
- There is no information regarding any history of National Sisters Day even on Google.
Happy National Sisters day 2021 Quotes
Certain quotes have the power to change the way you think. Here are some quotes on National Sisters Day :
“A sister is a tiny bit of childhood that can never be lost”
“Our roots may know that we are sisters but hearts will always know that we are best friends”
“Having a sister is just like having a friend that you can’t get rid of.”
“Sisterhood is Powerful.”
“Sisters teach us about the kindness, caring & sacrifice. They also teach u things the hard way.”
Happy National Sisters day 2021 Wishes
Wishing your sister National Sisters Day is very crucial. So, here are some wishes you can use to wish your beautiful & gorgeous human :
- “To my wonderful & talented sister, wishing you a very happy National Sisters Day.”
- “Thank you for teaching me things the hard way. It took me time to realize that but I understand that now. A very happy National Sisters Day.”
- “Happiest National Sisters Day, I couldn’t have asked for a better sister. Thank you for supporting me & loving me.”
People also ask
Is there a national sister Day?
Yes, most certainly there is a National Sisters day which is celebrated on the first Sunday in the month of August every year. This year, it will be celebrated on 1st August.
When is National Brother and sister Day?
National Brother & Sister day or the Sibling Day is celebrated on 10th April in Canada & the United States and Brothers & Sisters Day in Europe which is celebrated on 31st May.
What date is Sisters Day in India?
In India, Sisters Day is also celebrated on the first Sunday in the month of August. It is 01 Aug, 2021.
Sisters are indeed the angels personified, even when they are going through tough times. No matter what we, it is incomparable to the affection & love we feel from a sister. They are our best friend, guide & many a times partner in crime too. Let’s not waste this opportunity to make sisters feel special. Share Beautiful Happy sister’s day 2021 wishes to express your love. You can share these Happy National Sisters Day 2021 quotes & Images on Facebook, WhatsApp status & Instagram too. Happy Sisters Day 2021 to all the beautiful sisters out there.